( This is another series, ” Thoughts of the day.” Different from the other series, ” Thoughts from the days.” The difference is that the thoughts of the day are based on the thoughts I have today, just as the title suggests and I think you can guess what the other one is about. So here you go! )
It’s been a few days and the slump has taken a huge blow on me and I am down.
Nothing much has come to my mind and I don’t feel the willpower to come up with anything new or write something using my energy. Dozens of drafts lie ahead but never had the energy to complete them or publish them.
There needs to be motivation or a zest to do so and I haven’t had that in quite a few days.
Firstly, I was put off by the devasting news of the Kerala floods, my hometown. A big tragedy that shouldn’t have happened. Millions of people have lost lives, properties, will, strength and so much more. We spent days in front of the news worrying, crying seeing the faces of people and our state. We are recovering from it, it will take us loads of time but we are coming out if it very strongly and with all the courage we have.
Secondly, It’s the time of EID and holidays, so the family is together, all under one roof. So time goes away fast being outside in the evenings and by watching movies to the end of the day.
Thirdly, I have taken upon this mission to watch as many movies as possible, in all genres. I am a movie buff/enthusiast. I love to watch movies of all kinds, learn and enjoy different stories. So a majority of my time goes into discovering new and old movies for me to watch. This is one of my hobbies.
Fourthly, no amount of reasons has made me understand properly why I am and have gotten into in a slump.
What to do when you are not in the energy or motivation to write?
What to do when you have the lost the zest and zeal to write?
What to do when you have fallen in a big old slump and too lazy to get out of it?
As I am writing this, I am provoked to quit midway and get into watching my movies, but I am trying and won’t do so.
So what to do?
What do indeed?
- It’s okay if you are in a slump. Acknowledge it, don’t blame it. There always comes that time when you just don’t want to do anything and be lazy. Embrace it and know it will all be over soon.
- Try some other hobbies or interests during that slump. Try to make the most of it. Reading Books, watching movies and discovering new music is what I have been doing whilst being in a writing/blogging slump.
- Try to get out of that slump slowly. Try doing that activity step by step. Don’t do it all at once. If it’s reading a book, try a few pages, or trying reading a book that interests you, not necessarily the one from your TBR.
- So if it’s a blogging slump, try to think about ideas and pieces you have always wanted to work on, organize it all in your brain and write or draw it down. You do you!!
- Art and inspiration are in every corner. Go have fun searching for it. Even when simply lying on your bed, your mind and brain can take you to places and sometimes the simplest laziest moments can give you the greatest ideas.
Slumps have their own set of attributes and qualities that make them the worst and best. So it’s okay. It might last for a short time or an undeniably long time, but it will get over soon.
Don’t you worry about your interest or passion fading away okay? It will always be there in you. You just will have to take some extra effort in finding it, but all the effort and time is worth it.
So that’s all I have for you today folks.